Tony Moly VS. HOPE GIRL Makeup Primer Review



Korean Product Review: Tony Moly Egg Yolk Pore Primer vs. Hope Girl Magic Skin Primer

For those who has large pores and oily skin, the struggle for pore minimising products is REAL. So here are two primers that are advertised with such quality.





TONY MOLY
Totally unplanned, impulse purchase. I was actually looking for the Hope Girl Magic Skin Primer but I was waylaid by the Tony Moly salesgirl at the Hyundai Outlet in Myeongdeong to check this product out. She applied some of the product on my skin and I was IMMEDIATELY SOLD. My sister, my cousin and I all bought a tube each.


PROS:
● Smoothens/ blurs skin
● Minimises & hides the appearance of pores
● Mattifies skin (can be seen in picture)
● Nice, fresh citrus smell

CONS:
● A little waxy due to the silicone content
● Does not control sebum

The primer did stand the test of time & heat. My makeup did stay on without creasing even after the bucket load of sweat at the end of the day. However after 4-5 hours of wear my T-shine started to look as shiny as newly polished silverwear. Bummer. 


 ☆☆☆☆VERDICT☆☆☆☆
4 STARS!! 


I love this primer even though it does leave a waxy feel on my fingers but it does as it advertised. My skin does look smoother and softer. If only it had sebum control too then this primer would have been perfect! A+ for long-term wear and pore minimising. 




HOPE GIRL

I bought this primer solely because I saw a majority of the Malaysian beauty Gurus raving about it on Instagram. And since it also boasts of pore minimising qualities, I made it a point to get a bottle when in Korea. I got this from Olive & Young (Similar to Watsons) in Myeondong Cosmè Street. It was the only place that carries this brand.


PROS:
● Smoothens/ blurs skin
● Minimises & hides pores
● Brightens skin (can be seen in picture)

CONS:
● STRONG SMELL! 

● Comes off as oily and thick at first.

Honestly when I found out that this brand was not a popular brand in Korea, I started to have doubts. I mean, there's basically only one distributor here in Malaysia and if ever I want to hire a Korean personal shopper this person will have a difficult time looking for this product. 


Back to the product, as soon as I pumped the product on to my hand, the scent attacked my sense of smell. The strong chemical rose scent was not a smell that I wanted to have on my face. The primes was also a little oily at first but the initial oiliness eventually disappears. However if you're on-the-go it's definitely a hassle to wait for it to fully absorb. I'm not too sure how it stands the test of heat and longevity since I really couldn't stand having the smell on my face all day long. 


☆☆VERDICT☆☆
I truly, truly HATE the smell. It's a major turnoff for me so I will NEVER EVER buy this again. I'll probably only use this primer if I'm having fun makeovers or makeup looks at home. But for the sake of a proper and fair review I will make it a point to wear this out someday and see how it does in terms of performance. Will update again once I do so.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top